Professional Advantage Gambling Training Software
Learn to beat the casino with our products:
Best Films Featuring Casinos
Movies featuring casinos and gambling are inherently more interesting to watch due to the thrill commonly associated with the game. However, the thrill is accentuated when the protagonist is rash and unwise, not wise and cautious. With that in mind, here’s a list of the ten best movies featuring casinos and gambling.
Top 8 Films Featuring Casinos
1. Ocean’s Eleven – Perhaps the most popular of all movies involving gambling, Ocean’s Eleven, exudes the cocky spirit of modern Las Vegas. Starring Brad Pitt and George Clooney in key roles, the movie portrays a certain pizzazz that real gamblers wished they had.
2. High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story – Casting Michael Imperioli in the key role of Stu Ungar, the movie narrates the story of the only poker player to win three major WSOP events. High Roller is no action-packed flick but follows a gambler’s journey through the ups and downs of life.
3. Rounders – Starring Matt Damon, Rounders is about a kid playing poker to pay for his college fees. Other notable faces in the cast include Edward Norton and John Malkovich. The film rides smoothly on the backs of excellent performance, a notable screenplay, and loads of poker!
4. The Cooler – Wayne Kramer’s The Cooler is about a man who is so out of luck that casinos employ him to stand at the table of punters on a winning streak. Starring William H. Macey in the lead role, the movie’s fun premise is backed by marvelous performances from the entire cast.
5. The Gambler – Not to be confused with Mark Wahlberg’s 2014 film with the same title. The Gambler (1974) narrates the story of a university professor addicted to gambling. Aptly titled, the film sees James Caan in a lead role and takes viewers through the professor’s failing mental health as his losses quickly mount, and borrowing habit swings out of control. The story serves as a stern reminder of the side-effects of gambling.
6. The Sting – Robert Redford and Paul Newman are two conmen targeting a high-flying criminal boss who loves to gamble and is after Redford’s character from a previous scam. The plot soon takes a twist! There is hardly another gambling movie with a plot as suspense-filled as this one.
7. Casino Royale – Although there are two famous movies based on Ian Fleming’s bestselling story, Daniel Craig’s portrayal takes the cake. The plot revolves around James Bond taking on Le Chiffre, another criminal mastermind notorious for his torture-inflicting habits and lavish underground poker tournaments.
8. Casino – Perhaps the most affluent gambling film of all time, Casino narrates the story of a mob-controlled operation out of Vegas. Starring Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, the film features some power-packed performances from the lead cast, including the seductive charms of Sharon Stone.
If you enjoyed this list and would like to read similar stories, keep watching this space. Follow this link to check out new casinos by TG.